We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company poised to create the next generation of innovative genetic therapies with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs.
We leverage our proprietary high-throughput AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
We are founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling us to grow into a leader in the AAV gene therapy space. Our leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced industry veterans with a track record for bringing transformative drugs to market. Together with our partners, we will combine next generation engineered capsids with cutting edge gene editing and delivery modalities to bring novel medicines to patients that need them. Our research and development labs, offices, and manufacturing space are located in Newbury Park, near the Amgen campus.
We are seeking an experienced scientist with a molecular biology background to join the AAV Engineering team and contribute to the development of our automation platform. The goal of this position is to work with other team members to identify bottlenecks in manual workflows, transfer these procedures to automated liquid handling systems, and thoroughly validate the automated protocols. The AAV Engineering team's experimental responsibilities include plasmid generation, nucleic acid extraction from tissues, nucleic acid purification and quantification, and library preparation for NGS. Specific responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to:
· Method development - Design and validate protocols on liquid handling systems that automate essential AAV Engineering workflows with increased throughput and data quality.
· Method QC - Identify potential method failure modes and implement automated quality control checkpoints, integrating additional devices as necessary.
· Platform design - Work with the AAV Engineering team and 3rd party vendors to select devices and accessories necessary for streamlined process automation.
· Platform integration - Ensure that automated methods can be easily utilized by non-experts and build towards a fully integrated system that minimizes sample handoffs between people and devices.
· B.S. in a computer science or life science discipline with 6 years of laboratory experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting, OR M.S. with 4 years of experience, OR Ph.D. with 2 years of experience.
· Years of experience with automated liquid handling systems (Hamilton, Tecan, etc.) including method development, integration of 3rd party devices, and troubleshooting.
· Strong background in molecular biology and familiarity with a wide array of experimental techniques.
· Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced research environment.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver on timelines.
· Excellent organizational and collaborative skills, with the ability to design and troubleshoot experiments with minimal supervision or as part of a group. This includes the ability to document and maintain detailed laboratory notes.
· Strong communication skills, as well as the drive to pursue diverse and ever-changing projects as part of a fast-paced startup team.
Compensation and Benefits:
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Additionally, we offer:
· Relocation compensation
· Fully stocked kitchen
· Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws