Start-up AAV gene therapy and engineering company
Greater Los Angeles, CA area
Scientist, AAV Analytical Development/Analytical Chemistry
The Scientist, AAV Analytical Development/Chemistry will lead the development of biophysical characterization methods for characterizing AAV vectors. This individual will design and execute experiments focusing on the development of assays for the analysis of intact capsids, capsid proteins, vector genomes, and process impurities. Lab activities will constitute approximately 75% of the time.
- BS or MS in a relevant, scientific discipline
- Experience with capillary electrophoresis (CE) and/or liquid chromatography (LC) assay development required
- Experience with dynamic light scattering (DLS), mass spectrometry (MS), gel electrophoresis, asymmetric flow-field flow fractionation (AF4) and nucleic acid analysis is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of assay design for both quantification and limit of detection methods
- Experience developing and optimizing protocols or standard operating procedures strongly preferred
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now to be contacted with further details. This is not a fully remote role.