Our client is a leading FinTech, providing digital asset infrastructure solutions for some of the top financial institutions in the crypto space. Their SaaS platform is used by hundreds of customers for performing robust financial operations.
We are looking for someone to join a newly formed team, mandated to help drive significant growth for the organization. This role is responsible for identifying, negotiating, and implementing partnerships with traditional financial services and technology providers, generating meaningful revenue for the company. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Strategy, this individual will work with internal product, strategy, R&D, sales, marketing, and legal teams as it implements partnerships. The role will also involve extensive engagement with prospective partners throughout the industry.
- Identify new partnership opportunities to help the organization enter new markets and/or provide new services. These partnerships will be on the cutting edge of financial technology, while also working with traditional financial services and technology vendors.
- Negotiate, implement, and manage partnerships with core banking providers to drive significant incremental revenue.
- Build a business case to support and design the structure of partnerships.
- Navigate partner organizations to identify champions and build scalable operational processes.
- Work closely with key executive stakeholders to develop a business case and strategic rationale for the partnerships.
- Must thrive in working with multidisciplinary teams, including but not limited to product, technology, legal, sales, and marketing.
- Ability to negotiate complex commercial agreements.
- Clear written and verbal communication - including presenting to executives - is essential.
- Must be able to lead teams that do not report to you.
- Excited to challenge, be challenged, and work as a team to run with the best idea.
- Understanding of traditional financial market infrastructures.
- Must have a bias for action and a strong ability to execute.
- This role will begin as an individual contributor.
- Education: Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred - MBA, JD, or Masters in another relevant field.
- 10-14 years of experience in partnerships, management consulting, corporate development, strategic investing, strategic stales, channel partnerships, or product management.
- Background in financial services, specifically in payments, market infrastructures, financial technology, institutional or commercial banking, settlement, and clearing, or trading.
- Experience negotiating, implementing, and/or managing profitable partnerships.
- International experience is a plus.
- Limited travel expected.