Executive Director, Clinical Development Our mission at Capsida is to develop a new class of targeted gene therapies for patients with debilitating and life-threatening diseases, with an early focus on the CNS. Our unique technology allows us to generate capsids that are optimized to target specific tissues and cells, with the goal of enhancing efficacy and safety. We are a rapidly growing private company, with an internal pipeline that is advancing toward IND, as well as a partnered pipeline with Abbvie and CRISPR.
The Executive Director, Clinical Development will have the opportunity progress the clinical development of internal and partnered assets. Key responsibilities will include collaborating with research and other colleagues to advance candidates into the clinic, interacting with health authorities, filing INDs, designing Phase 1/2 and (later) pivotal trials, working with therapeutic area experts and investigators to design trials, and working in a matrixed team to design/execute trials and analyze data. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help shape indication selection and portfolio strategy.
- M.D., neurology training a plus
- 5+ years of industry experience, including early development
- Experience with all aspects of trial design and execution
- Regulatory experience, including filing of INDs
- Proven track record of scientific leadership and achievement
- Neurology and/or gene therapy experience highly desirable
- Experience working effectively in a matrixed team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate
- Ability to identify innovative approaches to advancing clinical development
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver result