Sr. Instrumentation Technician
We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company poised to create the next generation of innovative genetic therapies, with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs.
We leverage our proprietary high-throughput AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
We are founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling us to grow into a leader in the AAV gene therapy space. Our leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced industry veterans with a track record for bringing transformative drugs to market. Together with our partners, we will combine next generation engineered capsids with cutting edge gene editing and delivery modalities to bring novel medicines to patients that need them. Our research and development labs, offices, and manufacturing space are located in Newbury Park, CA.
We are looking for a Sr. Instrumentation Technician to work on our Maintenance and Facilities Team. The Technician will be responsible to maintain, calibrate, trouble shoot and perform repairs on process instrumentation systems. The Technician will also prepare calibration reports and be required to understand the basic process and control theory of critical and major systems. The technician will be responsible for completing various quality system and safety documentation. All work must be completed in a safe (in accordance with HRA, JHA, etc.), timely manner according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while complying with GMP, SOP, CFR and company regulations.
- Responsibilities include technical understanding and Advanced troubleshooting skills of electrical and pneumatic instrumentation.
- Working alone or with Engineering, Maintenance, Process Control, or outside contractors, perform installation and modifications on new installations and existing equipment / systems.
- Understand and perform calibrations on Temperature, Pressure, Conductivity , UV, Balances, Scales, Vacuum, pH, CL2, ORP, Timers, RPM, Liquid/Gas Flow, and Gas detector instrumentation, ect.
- Operate, Maintain, and repair of calibration test equipment.
- Understand Automated Control systems and control system instrumentation concepts, and the relationship between each of them.
- Initiate corrective action to ensure potentially hazard situations are avoided and safety standards are maintained relative to production or facilities.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures personal Training Plan execution and compliance. Attends required training and meetings. Interact with and oversee contractor/vendor work.
- Ability to identify like for like or like for function instrumentation to meet manufacturing process requirements.
- Verify Out of Tolerance Conditions.
- Interpret electrical schematics, I/O wiring and panel drawings, Utility, process system/equipment, plumbing, ductwork, and HVAC P&ID's.
- Must constructively interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility area, analytical labs and contracted services.
- Will participate in after-hours facility and manufacturing support and may work outside of established shift hours upon short notice.
- Ensure proper execution, resource allocation and complete, accurate and timely documentation of work.
- Work safely and promote a strong safety culture by prioritizing the well-being of team members.
- Adhere to all GMP Procedures (LOTO Permits, SOP's, Preventative & Corrective work orders, return to operations forms ect.)
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools.
- Able to read wiring diagrams, loop drawings and P&ID drawings.
- Proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge of basic industry safety procedures related to job description
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment. Good customer service skills
- Beginning knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to: Filling machines, single use process tanks, support equipment and analytical equipment.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Be aware of hazardous chemicals and their disposal, OSHA and FDA requirements.
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in English.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, able to work in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Able to navigate, conduct searches, and complete on-line forms on Personal Computer for the purposes of training, performance management, and self-service applications.
- Has the following personal attributes: Self-motivated, integrity and trust, work ethic, personal accountability, sound judgment, intellectual honesty, pragmatism, courage and conviction.
- Must have passion to innovate and drive for solutions.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve.
- Must have respect for individuals and the diverse contributions of all.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 year technical/AA/AS degree in metrology, instrumentation, electronics, or related technical discipline, preferred.
- 5-8 years in mechanical maintenance experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment or equivalent industry desired.
Compensation and Benefits:
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.