We are a patient-focused biotechnology company developing next generation AAV-based gene therapies to treat genetically defined muscle disease. We are applying novel technology platforms that directly address the key limitations of current gene therapies, including tissue-specific delivery and gene regulation. These breakthroughs have the potential to improve efficacy and safety of gene therapy and enable the pursuit of a broader set of genetically validated targets that are otherwise difficult to drug with current AAV technologies.
Position Summary: We are currently recruiting a highly motivated and independent Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our growing team to expand our discovery and nonclinical development efforts to advance novel gene therapies into the clinic. This laboratory-based position will be responsible for applying novel molecular and biochemical methods to evaluate rAAV biodistribution, transgene expression, and pharmacology/efficacy biomarkers in rodent and large animal models. This position will require hands on experience with RNA/DNA extractions, ddPCR and/or qPCR-based DNA and mRNA detection methods in cells and tissues, and quantitative immunodetection of proteins (Western blot, immunofluorescence, ELISA). This position will collaborate with other drug discovery and nonclinical development scientists and in vivo pharmacologists to advance our pipeline. As we are a start-up company, this position has tremendous room for growth and opportunities across multiple areas of R&D.
· Efficient execution of bioanalytical workflows including RNA/DNA extraction, ddPCR/qPCR-based detection methods to evaluate vector genome biodistribution, and transgene mRNA and protein expression from preclinical studies
· Assist with assay development and qualification, including molecular, biochemical and/or cell-based methods
· Organize and maintain biological sample inventories
· Following protocols, and diligently documenting experimental data in electronic lab notebooks
· Prepare summaries of data and present internally to colleagues and management
· Bachelor of Science in the biological sciences, with an emphasis on molecular and cellular biology and/or related fields. Prior industry experience is a plus. Title will be commensurate with experience.
· Proven experience with RNA/DNA extractions, quantitative PCR and immunodetection-based methods using a variety of molecular, biochemical, immunological, and/or imaging-based techniques.
· Willingness to learn new laboratory methods is required; however, previous experience with AAV-based gene therapies is preferred.
· Prior evidence of working in a team-based interdisciplinary environment.
· A multi-tasker and problem solver with strong verbal and written communication skills, and a team-first mindset.
We are a privately held start-up company with experienced leadership, a world-class scientific advisory team, and leading venture-capital investment partners. We want to hire bright, creative, and entrepreneurial scientists who are committed to helping patients with a science and medicine driven approach, and building a high performing team.
We offer an exciting environment where our mission to serve patients, teamwork, career growth, and personal well-being are prioritized. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including bonus and stock options, holidays, generous paid-time-off, flexible working options, 401(k) plan, and comprehensive medical/dental/vision/life and AD&D insurance.
We foster an inclusive company culture that values diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected categories.