Research Associate - Vector Production, Gene Therapy
Position Summary: We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and independent Research Associate with molecular and cellular biology experience to join our team to help expand our research efforts and advance our programs into the clinic. Position title will be commensurate with experience. Key responsibilities of this laboratory-based position will be to enable discovery research efforts through the production and testing of AAV-based gene therapy vectors. As we are a start-up company, this position has tremendous room for growth and opportunities across multiple areas of R&D, including in vivo pharmacology, cellular and molecular biology, bioanalytics, toxicology and CMC, in addition to collaborative opportunities with external partners.
- Develop and execute small-scale production processes for AAV vectors to be used in discovery research and analytic development
- Perform novel and routine assays to characterize gene therapies (e.g., qPCR, western blots, DLS, and cell-based potency assays).
- Prepare summaries of data and present internally to colleagues and management
- Drafting SOPs, following protocols, diligently documenting experimental data in electronic lab notebooks
- Bachelor of Science degree in the life sciences with ~2+ years of research experience, preferably related to drug discovery. Prior industry experience is a plus.
- Scientific background and hands on experience in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, including DNA cloning, transfections, cell culture, RNA/DNA/protein extraction, ddPCR/qPCR, Western and ELISA-based methods.
- Willingness to learn new laboratory techniques is required; however, previous experience with AAV-based gene therapies preferred.