RA/SRA - AAV Analytical Development Molecular Assays
We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company poised to create the next generation of innovative genetic therapies with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs.
We leverage our proprietary high-throughput, data science driven AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
We are founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling us to grow into a leader in the AAV gene therapy space. Our leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced industry veterans with a track record for brining transformative drugs to market. Together with our partners, we will combine next generation engineered capsids with cutting edge gene editing and delivery modalities to bring novel medicines to patients that need them. Our research and development labs, offices, and manufacturing space are located in Newbury Park, near the Amgen campus.
RA/SRA - AAV Analytical Development- Molecular Assays
We are looking for a motivated associate to join the AAV analytical development team. The goal of this position is to support development of molecular assays for the testing of AAV vectors. Under the guidance of senior leadership, you will execute experiments focusing on the development of assays for the detection and characterization of vector genomes and process impurities. A successful candidate will have strong technical and organizational skills and work seamlessly with a team. Laboratory activities will constitute approximately 75% of the time.
- Support the analytical development team in developing molecular based assays for quantifying and characterizing viral DNA and process related impurities
- Optimize analytical methods to increase accuracy and throughput
- Test vectors from various stages of development and production to support process development and research activities
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notes
- Contribute to the maintenance and upkeep of lab operations
- Author technical materials, procedures, protocols, and reports
- Plan, schedule, and execute on experimental designs under guidance of senior leadership
- Conduct troubleshooting experiments
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- B.S. (minimum of 1-5 years) or M.S. (minimum of 0-2 years) in life sciences or chemical/bioengineering with relevant experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or academic setting.
- Understanding of standard molecular biology techniques (qPCR or ddPCR, gel electrophoresis, Southern blotting)
- Knowledge of assay design for both quantification and limit of detection methods is preferred
- Experience developing and optimizing protocols or standard operating procedures.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and execute experiments under supervision or as part of a group.
- Prior experience working with gene therapy vectors strongly preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Compensation and Benefits:
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Additionally, we offer:
- Relocation compensation
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law