Senior Scientist - AAV Engineering, High Throughput Screening team
Capsida Biotherapeutics is a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company. We leverage our proprietary high-throughput AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV-delivered gene therapies, having the potential to dramatically improve the lives of patients with grievous unmet medical needs.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced, and highly motivated senior scientist to join our AAV Engineering Team. The AAV Engineering Team takes a multi-functional approach to innovate and optimize AAV tissue- and cell-type specificity, therapeutic drug modalities, and therapeutic target expression. Primary responsibilities will include intellectual contributions to define AAV screening strategies, implement, and optimize the NGS pipeline processes in the laboratory, and manage a group of dedicated junior scientists.
The specific responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, and manage processes that will accelerate and standardize the pipeline process for discovery of new AAV target biology, specifically focused on diversity library assembly using advanced molecular biology techniques
- Familiarity with high throughput tissue processing and NGS technologies (miSeq, NovaSeq platforms)
- Work proactively with bioinformatics and other teams to analyze and interpret data that enable the broad use of AAV screening and validation in vitro and in vivo
- Ensure data generated are communicated in a concise, easy to understand manner to the appropriate teams
- Monitor, review, and critically interpret published work to guide internal research as it pertains to AAV delivery of therapeutic cargoes
- Be an effective, external collaborator to academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations
- Doctorate degree with 3 years of industry experience OR
- Master's degree and 7 years of industry experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of scientific experience
- PhD in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry or relevant area with 5 years research experience (preference for industry/pharma)
- Proficiency in combinatorial DNA library cloning using Gibson Assembly or Gateway techniques
- Proficiency in analytical techniques vital for development and analyses of DNA and RNA combinatorial library screening (sanger sequencing, qPCR, ddPCR, RNA-Seq, single cell RNA-Seq, Next Generation Sequencing platforms)
- High throughput handling of tissues for DNA and RNA extraction
- Automation/liquid handling platforms that drive pipeline efficiency
- Candidate should be a strong teammate with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps
- Strong leadership skill and managerial experience
- Proven record of innovative thinking to propose and champion new ideas and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Additionally, we offer:
- Relocation compensation
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.